Color Sorting Light Table Activity for KidsI set out various objects on the light table including:
- Homemade shapes
- Plastic spiders from this activity
- Translucent rulers
- Tube shots
- Plastic jewelry links such as the stars from this activity
- Reusable ice cubes
- Acrylic gems
- Acrylic apples that were previously used here and here
- Green acrylic leaves that were used in this activity
- 4 translucent containers that were pink, lime green, blue, and purple
You can see the beautiful array of objects below.
The boys worked together to sort the objects by color.
You may notice that we recently hung some inexpensive mirrors above our light table. I love the added element of reflection to our light table play.
The light table has been heavily used since we built it, especially by J. Something about the light really draws him in. He easily spends close to two hours a day playing and exploring on the light table. So I particularly enjoy this picture of J's reflection in the mirror. He looks so focused and peaceful in this picture.
K only spent a few minutes sorting, whereas J sorted until all the objects were put away. And look how pretty the sorted objects look!
Other Ideas You'll LoveHumpty Dumpty Light Table Play
100+ Light Table Activities for Kids
Fine Motor Light Table Play with Ice Cube Trays